Programs + Initiatives
Micro-Subsidy Pilot Program
At GVPTA we are actively exploring strategies to decolonize our programs, activities, and our organization as a whole. A program in which we disseminate funds to increase the knowledge, skills, and experience of theatre artists in Metro Vancouver is one such strategy.
Learn more about the program below.
Micro Subsidy Pilot Program F.A.Q.s
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
- Artists working in theatre (including interdisciplinary work where theatrical staging is a significant component) whose employment is primarily made up of short-term contracts, including designers, stage managers, playwrights, performers, directors, and producers.
- Must be a GVPTA Individual member at the time of fund disbursement. (Membership fees range between $35 and $50 depending category. All memberships for the 2019-2020 season expire on August 31.)
- Full time students.
- Individuals working full-time at a theatre company or performing arts organization.
A minimum of $20 and a maximum of $200 in subsidies may be requested across all three intakes. You may submit multiple activities in one application, or return later to submit a second application prior to each application deadline.
- Workshops and Classes
- Specialized Training and Intensives
- Professionally-related conferences and symposiums
- Activities taking place outside of Canada.
- Taxes and service fees
- Train the trainer courses
- Tickets or attendance to shows / performances
- Supplies to participate in training
- Expenses already covered by another granting program
- Expenses without corresponding itemized receipts
- Expenses where a conflict of interest may be present
- Your name
- Name of company or organization hosting the training/workshop/activity
- Type of training/workshop/activity
- Date of training/workshop/activity
- Registration Fee (before tax, if applicable)
- Your Full Name (to be used for cheques)
- If different, your chosen name or artist name
- Mailing Address (required to issue cheques)
- Optional - Do you self-identify as an artist from an underrepresented community?
- Are you a current GVPTA Member?
- What do you do; what is your professional practice related to theatre?
- Which intake period are you applying for? (based on the start date of the activity)
- What do you want to attend? (Briefly describe the proposed workshop, training, or activity) (max 150 words)
- If available, provide a website link that includes details about the activity.
- When will it take place? (What are the specific dates of the activity)
- How much is the registration fee? (if submitting multiple activities, include each registration fee)
- How much subsidy are you requesting? (maximum of 75% of registration fee)
- Briefly tell us what you hope to learn from the activity and how will it advance your work. (max 200 words)
- Submitting an application does not guarantee approval for a subsidy.
- A subsidy is provided as a reimbursement of registration fees, subject to submission of eligible receipts. If complete receipts are not submitted by the requested date, a reimbursement will not be disbursed.
- GVPTA will have the right to publicly acknowledge your name as a recipient of a subsidy.
- You are required to be a GVPTA Individual member in order to be disbursed subsidy funds.
- You have read the program guidelines.
- If the proposed activity is cancelled or was not attended by the applicant, a reimbursement will not be issued.