Making a Scene Conference
2021 Making a Scene Forum: Seizing Opportunities
Register to join us online, June 22–24, 2021
What can post-pandemic, post-now look like? After more than a year of reacting, knowing what we know now, how do we step into possibilities and opportunities with intention?
The Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance's annual conference has been re-imagined for 2021 as a digital forum. Join us for a series of Zoom sessions over the course of three days.
- Humour and Laughter in Storytelling and Community, with Cheyenne Rouleau, Debbie Courchene, Donna-Michelle St. Bernard, and Tara Cheyenne Friedenberg. Moderated by Jivesh Parasram
- Live + Live-Streaming: Hybrid Performance for Hybrid Audiences and the (@#$%^ Exciting!) Future of Vancouver Theatre with Adam Grant Warren, Christine Quintana, Derek Chan, and Keely O'Brien
- Sharing Power, Sharing Leadership with Anjela Magpantay, Anoop Gill, and Sean Guist. Moderated by Chelsea Haberlin and Fay Nass
- Community Caring for Community with Lisa Cooke Ravensbergen, jaye simpson, and Shanique Kelly. Moderated by Siobhan Barker
- Access Needs: A conversation for all of us with Adam Grant Warren, Ladan Sahraei, and Siobhan Barker. Moderated by Amy Amantea
- Performing Arts Town Hall on BC’s Restart Plan with Haley Miller, Project Director, Office of the Provincial Health Officer, BC Ministry of Health); Dr. Mark Lysyshyn, Deputy Chief Medical Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health; Don Parman, Manager Performing Arts and Live Events, Actsafe Safety Association; and a representative from WorkSafeBC. Moderated by Kenji Maeda
- The Future of Dramaturgy with Daniela Atiencia, Davey Samuel Calderon, Jessica Schacht, and Renae Morriseau
- Theatre Marketing in the Digital World with Rick Chung and Sophia Cheng
- Gesturing Beyond the House Modernity Built with Dr. Vanessa Andreotti and Azul Carolina Duque
Read session descriptions and review the schedule: https://mas.gvpta.ca/2021#/agenda?lang=en
Learn more about the speakers: https://mas.gvpta.ca/2021#/speakers?lang=en
ASL interpretation and Zoom auto-captioning will be provided.
BRAVE BODY (add-on workshop)
This workshop asks the human body to deliver itself to its embodiment. We bring ourselves into our heart when we can live in these bodies. Our personal theatre, our local theatre and global theatre needs our heart now and always.
GVPTA is working to remove physical, social, and economic barriers to participation in our programs with an aim of making our activities accessible to all theatre artists and arts workers.
Registration covers all Forum sessions over three days with the exception of the add-on workshop BRAVE BODY (additional fee).
We are offering a sliding scale/variable pricing structure to accommodate a range of financial needs and reduce barriers to participation. Please select the option that you're comfortable paying.
Our hope is that those with the capacity to pay more will do so, and those that need to pay less based on their current circumstances and resources will feel welcome to do so.
Ticket price points are: $75 / $50 / $25 / $10 / Free. GST is applicable.
Visit our Making a Scene micro-site by clicking the button below for more details about sessions, presenters, and to register.
2021 Making a Scene Forum is supported by the following sponsors and funders:
Making a Scene Background
2019 Making A Scene Conference Archive
Primary Conference Programming
Special Activities & Add-On Conference Workshops
Intimacy Direction Workshop with Siobhan Richardson
Beginner's QLab Workshop
Ephemera 2: An Archiving Party (Closing Event)
Thursday, May 30, 2019, 6:30–9:00pm (FREE)
The Post at 750