During this challenging time, we recognize that theatre companies, collectives, and artists are looking for ways to meet virtually. We also recognize that paying to access video conferencing software is not an option for everyone.
We are offering at no charge:
Note: Zoom's free account allows two people to meet with no time restrictions, while meetings of 3 or more are cut off at 40 minutes. If your meeting fits within those restrictions, please use your free account. If your activity does not fit within the intended scope of our guidelines, you could also consider paying $20 for one month of Zoom Pro -- just make sure to cancel your account before it renews. Google Hangouts is also another option you may want to explore.Who can make a request?
- Access to GVPTA's Zoom Pro account in order to host your meeting which requires 3 or more participants (up to 100)
- Each meeting slot is for up to 4 consecutive hours (you may request more time, and we will try to accommodate if we are able to)
- Meetings should be related to to advancing your work or organization in the theatre (or arts and culture) industry, like board meetings, production or planning meetings, etc.
- This offer is not intended for:
- Public- or audience-facing activities (performances, presentations, etc)
- Personal "hang out" sessions.
- Paid services (ie. no one shall be asked to pay to attend, via ticket or by donation.)
- Exceptions are for organizations hosting Annual General Meetings, where a membership fee is required to vote. Please ensure your bylaws allow for digital AGMs before requesting.)
- Any BC-based theatre organizations, collectives, and artists.
Note: We are prioritizing theatre. But if you're another arts organization in BC, feel free to send in your request and we'll see if we can accommodate.
- You are not required to be a GVPTA member.
What Zoom features will you have access to?
- You can host any single room video conference/meeting that don't require virtual "breakout rooms"
- Text chat
- Screen sharing
- Canadian and international dial-in numbers (long distance charges may apply)
What you will NOT have access to:
- Breakout rooms
- Recording of meetings
- Webinar features