Unified General Auditions
**NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Unified General Auditions are POSTPONED.**
Learn more by clicking the tabs above.
Performers: Eligibility & Registration Links
Note: Applying does not guarantee invitation to attend the UGAs. Priority will be given to performers who did not audition in the 2019 UGAs.
1. Canadian Actors Equity Association (Full Members)
- Full CAEA members in good standing may apply to attend.
- Only performers invited to attend will be confirmed.
- There is no fee for CAEA Full Members if invited to audition.
- Full UBCP / ACTRA members in good standing may apply to attend.
- Performers with recent professional theatre credits are prioritized for selection.
- There is no fee if invited to audition.
- Pre-Qualified in the past four years (2017 or later UGA attendance). Exception requests for those who attended UGAs 2016 or earlier on a case by case basis.
- Performers invited to audition are required to be a current GVPTA member.
- APPLY HERE (Deadline: 5:00pm, March 10, 2020)
4. New UGA Participants (and not Full CAEA or UBCP members) – Qualifiers are CLOSED
- Performers who have not attended the previous UGAs are required to attend the UGA Qualifiers.
- At the Qualifiers, performers audition in front of a panel who will then make recommendations for which performers will be invited to the UGAs.
- Performers must be GVPTA Members in order to register for the Qualifiers.
Performers: Qualifier Information
For performers required to attend the Qualifiers.
- Your full name, email address, and phone number.
- File format must include your Full Name, Content of file, and PDF format. (eg. Jane_Doe-Headshot.pdf). Please ensure the headshot looks like you.
- Resume is ideally one page, but can be a maximum of two pages.
- File format must include your Full Name, Content of file, and PDF format. (eg. Jane_Doe-Resume.pdf)
- Put your theatre credits at the top of the resume.
- Ensure your name and contact information are included.
- Search "Sample Theatre Resume" online for some clear examples of formatting, typically a three-column format.
5. Schedule: Your preference for audition date/time (March 10 and 11, 2020)
Qualifier Audition Process
Performers: UGA Audition Process
Who can attend the UGAs as a director?
GVPTA Company Members are invited to attend with up to two directors or casting representatives. If you are unsure about your company's membership status, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Independent Directors not affiliated with a GVPTA Company Member may attend if:
- space is available;
- they have a track record of directing or producing shows;
- and are casting for an upcoming show.
Approval will be at the discretion of the GVPTA team. A $50+GST fee will be charged for non-members. Associate Members pay a reduced fee of $20+GST.
How do I register for the UGAs?
A form will be posted when available.
What kind of performers will be auditioning during the UGAs?
- Full CAEA Members are invited to audition.
- Full UBCP or ACTRA Members with theatre credits or education are invited to audition.