The City of Vancouver has launched a new grant of up to $25,000 to provide support for small arts and culture space-related projects consistent with the Making Space for Arts & Culture: 2018 Cultural Infrastructure Plan and Creative City Strategy.
Example eligible projects include:
- Planning studies or research studies related to the acquisition or development of arts/cultural space
- Small capital projects to improve accessibility and sustainability
- Projects that support capacity development related to spaces
- Mentorships in partnership with eligible organizations with experience in space acquisition or development
- Applications are accepted year-round.
- Registered nonprofit societies, community service co-ops, and charities as well as local First Nations Band Councils are eligible to apply.
- This grant can cover up to 50% of project costs.
- Priority consideration is given to groups/projects under-represented in the existing cultural infrastructure grant programs, as well as time-sensitive projects.
Be sure to read through the Small Grants for Cultural Spaces Information Guide (PDF) for the full details, including eligibility and how to apply. Learn more about the program here.
Debra Bodner, Cultural Planner: email@example.com
Carmut Me, Planning Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org