The City of Vancouver is providing a one-time only project grant of up to $20,000 to support priorities expressed by the community through the Creative City Strategy early engagement process. New and existing projects are eligible.
This grant is the result of an increase to the 2018 cultural grants budget in response to the growth in Vancouver's arts and cultural community.
Creative City Strategic Grants can support existing or new projects that:
- address Creative City Strategy themes of Reconciliation, Equity and Access, Investment and Visibility, Capacity or Collaboration;
- support and provide opportunities for artists, arts administrators, or arts and cultural organizations that have experienced barriers to accessing the City’s cultural programs and support;
- provide practices, knowledge or resources that benefit the broader arts and culture sector; and
- strengthen relations and networks across artistic, cultural and creative communities.
- Registered nonprofit societies, community service co-ops, and charities as well as local First Nations Band Councils are eligible to apply.
- You can apply for a new or existing project, including those that can potentially receive support from the City.
- This grant can cover up to 100% of project costs.
- Projects must be completed by the end of 2019.
Read the Creative City Strategic Grant Information Guide (PDF) for the full details, including eligibility and key dates.
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 4pm (PST)
Apply Online: http://list.vancouver.ca/t/281606/488036/3789/31/
Questions? Attend a How-To Lab:
Places are still available for Creative City Strategic Grants “How to Labs” in July and August, for those who would like some assistance in completing the online application. Before you register for a space, you are encouraged to speak with City staff to ensure your project aligns with the program objectives and is eligible.
- Thursday, July 12, 12-2pm
- Thursday, July 26, 6-8pm
- Thursday, August 9, 3-5pm
Space in the labs is limited and priority registration goes to those who:
- Have an eligible project that aligns with the program criteria and who are intending to submit an application
- Are new to applying for City grants through the online process
For further questions please contact the following Cultural Services staff:
Marnie Rice email@example.com
Doug Durand firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherryl Masters email@example.com