The Arts Club Theatre Company’s Actor’s Intensive is a multi-week course that takes a back-to-basics approach to tune up the mature actor’s instrument with voice, movement, and acting training from working pros. This course culminates in a showcase of participants for an invited audience including directors from the community.
The class structure mirrors conservatory programs and provides practice that is frequent and focused. You’ll work three days a week at 15 hours per week, for 75 hours of instruction over five weeks—enough time to polish off any rust and get galvanized for lasting change.
This is both a process and a product class. The acting training will incorporate voice and body work and examine the decision-making process that goes into crafting a performance. You will also integrate the process back into the product as you work on scenes and monologues, both classic and contemporary, to be presented at the showcase.
March 27 – April 29, 2018
Deadline To Apply:
January 31, 2018
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30–10:30 PM and Sundays from 2–10 PM. Classes are held either at the BMO Theatre Centre (Olympic Village) or at the Granville Island Stage.
Cost (includes GST)
Equity Members - $640
Non-Equity members - $799
- Students are expected to attend all classes
- Class size is limited to 12 students
- 75 total hours of instruction
- Students will showcase material for an audience that will include directors from the community
The Actor’s Intensive supports each actor in a different way, including:
- As a bootcamp. These actors want a place to work out for the duration of the program and get into prime acting shape.
- As a systems re-boot. These actors want to diversify their learning, add to their skill toolbox and get re-inspired by filling in some gaps in their training.
- Becoming part of an acting community. You will find theatre friends, future collaborators, and project ideas here by reintroducing yourself and enhancing your presence in the acting community.
All of our classes are taught by working professionals, award-winning actors and veterans of the Arts Club Theatre Company. Past faculty includes Alison Matthews, Jo Leslie, Wendy Gorling, Christine Hackman, Bill Pozzobon, and many others.
For more information, visit Arts Club Theatre's website: http://artsclub.com/education/the-actors-intensive