The Theatre Rental Grant (TRG) program offers financial assistance to arts and cultural organizations to use and produce a cultural event in well-equipped venues. Vancouver-based, professional, non-profit arts and cultural organizations may apply to rent the centrally-located Vancouver Civic Theatres.
Eligible organizations may apply for this grant to rent:
Open: Friday, September 29, 2017
Close: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
For more information on eligiblity, guidelines and how to apply, read the Theatre Rental Grant Information Guide. Please contact staff well in advance of the deadlines for any questions.
Your organization must be:
- A Vancouver-based professional, non-profit, arts or cultural organization
- Have been in operation with non-profit status for 1 year
- Be mandated to present, produce, create, or develop arts and cultural work in Vancouver
- Be actively promoting events to a city-wide audience
The grant will cover:
- Venue Rental
- Most venue fees, including some theatre technicians
- Front-of-house staffing for performances
- Technical and rehearsal days