The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now entering its 54th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour.
Throughout the year, the Arts Club reaches out to our patrons for their philanthropic support. Our fundraising efforts, including special events, support stage productions of the highest quality and programs that strive to develop the next generation of theatre artists and audiences.
The Fund Development team is seeking a freelance graphic designer for approximately 8 hours per week. In collaboration with members from both the Development and Marketing departments, the graphic designer will be responsible for the layout and design of a variety of engaging ephemera, such as direct mail, print ads, signage, and digital assets. The successful candidate will be a confident, motivated, and detail-oriented self-starter.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (including, but not limited to, the following)
· Ensure projects are delivered before or on deadline
· Ensure artwork for accuracy and completeness
· Ensure adherence to established brand guidelines and house style
· Modify and repurpose existing show illustrations as required
· Produce consistent file results from comp to layout to final deliverable
· Provide support for design work in the Marketing department as necessary
- Proficiency in Adobe CS (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Degree in graphic design and/or minimum two years’ work experience at advertising or creative agencies
- Ability to design for newsprint, print, web, large indoor and outdoor applications, etc.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- An affinity for the performing arts
The incumbent will be paid $20 per hour for approximately 8 hours a week.
Email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 4, 2017.
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.