Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance (GVPTA) is the
professional association for live theatre in Metro Vancouver. It’s the
only arts service organization specifically focused on professional
theatre in British Columbia. Formed in 1976, and incorporated in 1987,
we play a unique role
in the community: we offer programs and services to support the
development of theatre practitioners as artists and administrators, and
ultimately to help strengthen the local theatre industry.
In addition to benefit entitlements specifically for our membership, we support our members and the larger theatre community through the provision of education, publicity, and opportunities for convening.
Our membership includes 70+ theatre companies; over 120 individual theatre artists, students, publicists and patrons; as well as educational institutions and organizations from around the region that support the theatre industry.
As a member you’ll be plugged into the middle of this artistic community where you can connect with the region’s most committed theatre artists, gain inspiration, form connections, and be a part of this thriving live theatre industry.
Our members receive access to all GVPTA programming:
- You can attend our events throughout the year. This includes the Unified General Auditions, MAKING A SCENE Conference, workshops, roundtables, symposiums and other professional development opportunities, as well as industry networking and social events
- You’ll have access to extended health insurance plans and discounts on insurance for arts organizations
- You can request a blogger to come out to see your shows
- You’ll have priority to advertising spots on the Vancouver Theatre Guide
- Additionally, organizations (Companies and Affiliates) benefit from the following:
- Your organization will be listed on our website
- You’ll get free publicity of your news through a mention on our website and in our e-newsletter
- Company members will receive one free listing per season on the Vancouver Theatre Guide plus discounts on additional listings
theatre professionals, production companies and collectives, theatre
venues, educators, theatre-related businesses, and pretty much anyone
working in, involved with, or supporting live theatre. Actors,
producers, designers, directors, students, educators, administrators and
audience members are all needed in the creation and experience of
theatre; therefore, any theatre-related organization, or anyone who
loves or participates in theatre is welcome to become a member.
Annual budget category Fee Under $100,000 $109 $100,000 - $249,000 $185 $250,000 - $499,999 $255 $500,000 - $999,999 $329 $1,000,000 - $4,999,999 $399 $5,000,000 - $9,999,999 $475 Over $10,000,000 $549
Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org