Organization Description: Full Circle: First Nations Performance is a Vancouver-based non-profit performing arts society incorporated in BC in 1992. The company’s mandate is to create opportunities for Aboriginal artists, writers and performers. FC programming activities include: production of an annual Talking Stick Festival featuring artists from a variety of disciplines; development of original performance work and workshops for both local presentation and touring; professional development activities for artists in the FC Ensemble.
While our signature event has been the annual Talking Stick Festival, our recent move to the Artscape hub at the Sun Wah building has come with a studio space that we intend to activate with year-round programming. Other year-round programs include our school series Moccasin Trek, Indian Acts, Ensemble Program and Music Programming, a new initiative this year, along with other creative projects & productions.
The Position: The Development and Marketing Manager plays a critical role in Full Circle’s growth as a key player in the Aboriginal Artistic movements not only in Canada, but FC plays a significant role in the
International Aboriginal community. Along with our Aboriginal partners in Australia and New Zealand, we have significant relations with BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) networks in the US.
Applicants are invited for the newly-created position of Development and Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Artistic Managing Director, this person will develop and execute the annual marketing and fundraising plans.
- Develops and execute the annual fundraising plan, budget and timeline
- Cultivation, solicitation and stewardship needs for Full Circle’s sponsors, individual and corporate donors
- Assists with grant and foundation grant writing
- Manages special events for key stakeholders
- Fulfills comprehensive and tailored sponsorship recognition/benefits and activates comprehensive corporate sponsorships
- Establishes and maintains procedures and systems for tracking fundraising activity
- Oversees development and event teams (paid and unpaid workforce)
- Represents the organization at all donor and sponsor related events
Marketing and Communications
- Develops and executes the annual marketing plan, budget and timeline
- Develops and executes communications strategies for marketing, development and other company business
- Manages all advertising plans, production and placement
- Manages all marketing collateral including design, production and distribution
- Provides creative and professional copy-writing for all marketing and fundraising needs
- Liaises with and supports contract service providers including publicist, designers, digital media suppliers, photographers, etc.
- Develops and implements marketing initiatives for cross-promotions and new channels for collateral distribution
- Oversees all digital communications including website updates, social media marketing efforts and monitor digital analytics
- Minimum three years of experience in an equivalent marketing and/or fundraising role
- Excellent storyteller and writer with overall strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working on festivals and deadline driven projects
- Post-secondary training in either marketing, public relations, journalism, communications, arts administration and/or fundraising
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast paced environment and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, including some evenings and weekends
- Working knowledge of contemporary marketing and communications practice and strategies to include working knowledge of social media networks and emerging platforms
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft products
Full Circle is invested in making artistic work that reflects Indigenous world view. Applicants from all ancestral backgrounds are invited to apply. We are committed to attracting and retaining teams who reflect the communities in which we live and work and will give preference to applicants whose ancestry reflects our community.
Term Contract: Full time from August 20, 2018 to March 31, 2019
Remuneration: $ 55,000 per annum (pro-rated)
How to Apply:
Email the Search Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, two samples of your writing and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for this position and our organization.
Deadline: August 17, 2018
We thank all candidates for applying, but we only have capacity to contact those selected for an interview.
Learn more about Full Circle at fullcircle.ca.