Vancouver TheatreSports™ (VTSL) is seeking a dynamic, engaging individual to join the Audience Services Department at The Improv Centre on Granville Island.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, high energy environment. This position is the first point of contact for guests at The Improv Centre and as such you are the face of VTSL to patrons.
This position reports to the Audience Services Manager as well as working closely with the Bar and Box office teams. As a member of the Audience Services team your primary responsibility is to provide guests with a positive professional experience during their visit. Answering questions about VTSL as well as all programming and upcoming shows
- Responsible for the comfort and safety of the patrons during their visit
- Ticket taking and ushering during performances
- Monitoring patrons during performances (no phones, no photography etc.)
- Two years’ experience working in a front line customer service facing position
- Security experience an asset
- Front of house experience an asset
- Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to thrive within a fast paced environment and enjoy working directly with the public
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task with little supervision, and problem solve and adapt to changes when required
Part-time, 4 to 20 hours per week - Candidates must be available evenings, weekends and holidays as well as limited day time hours
Remuneration: $12.65/ hour
Submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Audience Services Manager
Please include in subject line: Front of House Attendant
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
VTSL, a non-profit registered charitable organization, began in 1980 and is now a local institution and a worldwide phenomenon, producing and staging some of the most daring and innovative improv in the world. Vancouver TheatreSports™ first opened their doors at the Back Alley Theatre, where they consistently drew cult-like, capacity crowds. We continue to wow audiences at The Improv Centre on Granville Island performing to more than 65,000 enthusiasts yearly, 6 (soon to be 7!) nights a week, 52 weeks per year.