Vancouver TheatreSports League is seeking a Box Office Attendant. As the first point of contact for guests at The Improv Centre, you are the face of VTSL to patrons.
The Box Office Attendant's primary responsibility is to provide guests with a positive and professional experience while communicating show/program information and processing ticket sales. This position reports to the Customer Service Manager and Audience Services Manager and also works closely with the Front of House team to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a positive experience for all guests at all times
- Facilitate all ticket transactions through Theatre Manager ticketing system
- Maintain detailed records and data while ensuring operational policies and procedures are met and followed
- Box Office reconciliations, cash deposits and reporting
- Troubleshoot minor computer, printer and credit card scanner problems
- Experience with Theatre Manager Ticketing software or other event ticketing program experience is an asset (e.g. Tessitura, Ticket Master)
- Minimum 2 years of cash-handling experience, preferably in a Box Office environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive within a fast paced environment and enjoy working directly with the public
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task with little supervision
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality control with a commitment to meeting policy and procedures
- Ability to follow written instructions and to troubleshoot, problem solve and adapt to changes when required
- Proficient utilizing MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Part-time, 4 to 20 hours per week. Candidates must be available evenings, weekends and holidays as well as limited day time hours. Most shifts start at 5:30pm and run as late as 12am.
Remuneration: $13.50/ hourApplication Deadline:
Please submit your resume by email to email@example.com
Attn: Audience Services Manager
Please include in subject line: Box Office Attendant
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
VTSL, a non-profit registered charitable organization, began in 1980 and is now a local institution and a worldwide phenomenon, producing and staging some of the most daring and innovative improv in the world. Vancouver TheatreSports™ first opened their doors at the Back Alley Theatre, where they consistently drew cult-like, capacity crowds. We continue to wow audiences at The Improv Centre on Granville Island performing to more than 65,000 enthusiasts yearly, 6 (soon to be 7!) nights a week, 52 weeks per year.