The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Technical Director. This person shall provide general support to the Technical Directors, Pre-Production Manager and the Director of Production. This position is for 32 weeks and would start on August 13, 2018. For the length of the contract this position is full-time and has flexible work hours including weekend and evening hours.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with rehearsal needs for all productions
- Assist with load-ins and tech process for all shows
- Assist in the ordering, purchasing, sourcing and tracking of material and gear for the theatres
- Assist in budget tracking and scheduling crews
- Assist in calling for and confirmation of casual union crew members
- Assist with updating paperwork and archiving of productions
- Oversee shared production equipment, including support to rentals in the theatres
- Oversee off-site storage
- Build prototypes and do research for productions
- Assist with the mentoring and supervising of students, interns, work placements and volunteers
- Assist in facilities administration when needed
- Provide technical support for education and outreach activities
- The successful applicant will have proven knowledge of production techniques and staging principles and the use of relevant computer programs (usual MS Office applications), including CAD.
- Previous experience as a Technical Director or related experience is required.
- The successful candidate will have experience in motivating and supervising unionized staff.
- He/she will have excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
- Preference will be given to persons holding additional certificates for one, or all of the following; Firearms Acquisition, LE Certificate, 1st Aid, pyrotechnics.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license is essential, ability to drive a 5-to truck is an asset.
Start date: August 13, 2018
Salary: $900.00 per week
Submit Application to: Human Resources, Arts Club Theatre Company please provide a resume, cover letter and list of references to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: June 25, 2018
About the Arts Club Theatre Company:
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Moving into its 55th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.