In festive mood, the ladies of The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild tackle the classic story of A Christmas Carol. Showing brave leadership under trying circumstances, and with the help of enthusiastic stage manager Gordon and a wayward PA system, they try to keep calm and carry on. This delightful comedy includes two specially composed songs for the ladies to sing and will keep you laughing to the end.
Mrs. Reece: 50s. She is the Head of the Dramatic Society. Bossy and elegant, she is the woman in charge and she wouldn’t have it any other way.
Thelma: 40s. She is the Prima Donna of the Dramatic Society. Quick tempered, demanding, and temperamental, she is the star of the show no matter what anyone says.
Gordon: Any age: He is the long-suffering Stage Manager of the Dramatic Society. When asked to act he is emotionless and monotonous. Plodding and eye-rolling, he would probably rather be anywhere else.
Felicity: 20s. She is the newest member of the Dramatic Society, who dreams that she is an up and coming talent as an actress. She tries hard and means well, but she should really keep her day job.
Mercedes: Any age, but not young. She is the ‘show must go on’ member of the Dramatic Society. In a full body cast or brace, she struggles to move but doggedly shuffles along each scene through the pain.
Saturday, June 16 - 1:00-3:00 pm, and
Monday, June 18 - 7:00-9:00 pm
Callbacks: Wednesday, June 20 – 7:00-9:00 pm
Silver Harbour Centre
Fitness Room (in basement, enter from parking lot)
144 East 22nd Street, North Vancouver
Preview Friday, October 26 ($15)
Opening Saturday, October 27
Running October 31-November 3 and November 7-10 (with one matinée on Saturday, November 10)
Kay Meek Studio Theatre
1700 Mathers Avenue, West Vancouver
How to Submit Application:
- Auditions will consist of readings of sides that will be available as of June 9.
- Please email director Angie McLeod (do not send headshots or résumés) at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy of sides.
- No scheduled appointments – first come, first served.
- This is a non-Equity production.
- British accents preferred.
- If selected for a part, you must join Theatre West Van at a cost of $10.00.
- Please bring résumés and headshots to the auditions.
- Rehearsals TBA when casting complete, but it is anticipated that rehearsals will take place three times per week (Monday to Thursday), with no weekend rehearsals.
For more information contact Angie McLeod (director) email@example.com (do not send headshots or résumés) or Producer Anne Marsh (firstname.lastname@example.org)