Reporting to the Audience Services Manager, Volunteer Team Leaders assist in recruitment, scheduling, training, and supervision of over 500 festival volunteers- an amazing group of Fringe lovers with a wide variety of ages, cultures, and occupations. This volunteer position provides an excellent opportunity for individuals who are interested in learning skills in Volunteer Management, Human Resources, Arts Administration, and Event Planning.
- Scheduling and communicating with a designated team of up to 150 volunteers
- Assisting in the organization and execution of volunteer training
- Maintaining volunteer records and schedules in volunteer database (Better Impact)
- Assisting in the organization and physical setup and strike of the Volunteer Centre
- Maintaining a presence in the Volunteer Centre during the Festival
- Assisting in the planning and execution of the Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Other duties as required, including general Festival assistance and writing a final report
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written and spoken English ability
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Experience with events and working with volunteers an asset
- An interest in the arts and an awareness of the not-for-profit environment
- Volunteer management and event planning experience
- Experience in the not-for-profit, arts administration, and special events sectors
- Development of leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Mentoring and support from the Volunteer Department staff and Fringe management
- An all access pass for the 2018 Fringe Festival
- A pass for the 2019 Fringe Festival
Volunteer Dates: Minimum 25 hours per week required with some flexibility. July 9 – September 21, 2018. Festival-time hours are flexible, but evening and weekend availability is required.
How to Submit Application:
Email your resume and cover letter by Friday, June 29th to Angie Descalzi at email@example.com with the volunteer position title in the subject line of your email.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, but we thank all applicants in advanced for your interest in the Vancouver Fringe Festival!
Posting Expires: Friday, June 29th, 2018
About the company:
The Vancouver Fringe Festival, produced by the Fringe Theatre Society, is BC’s largest theatre festival. Pursuing the vision of "Theatre for Everyone", the Fringe features unjuried, uncensored theatre of all kinds and for all audiences. With over 600 performances by 90 artists, the Fringe runs September 6-16, 2018 on Granville Island and across the city.