Touchstone is looking to hire a General Manager, reporting to the Board of Directors and working closely with the Artistic Director and support staff. The General Manager plays a key role in the administrative and managerial direction of the company.
- Developing and managing the budget and cash flow of the organization
- Together with Artistic Director, applying for Municipal, Provincial and Federal grants
- Fundraising, including creating and executing strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of
- individuals, corporations, foundations
- Marketing Touchstone’s training program
- Supervising show-related departments including Box Office, Production and Volunteer Co-ordination
- Hiring all part-time, full-time and seasonal employees in consultation with the Artistic Director
- Supervising support staff
- Negotiating and contracting with self-employed personnel
- Together with the Artistic Director, ensuring compliance with applicable collective agreements
- Working collaboratively with the leaders of other organizations in the running of the 110 Arts Cooperative, the company’s shared administration and rehearsal space.
- Reporting to the Board on operational matters
- The ideal candidate will be independent, resourceful, and passionate about theatre, with the following skills/experience:
- University degree in arts administration or comparable experience
- Strong management experience in office systems, budgeting, finance and marketing
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Familiarity with the Vancouver and Canadian performing arts community and the Canadian Theatre Agreement
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, without direct supervision
- Enthusiasm for a collaborative work environment and partnership-building
Start Date: July 3rd 2018
Compensation: $35,000 – $45,000, plus benefits, commensurate with experience and negotiated hours of work. Flexibility of hours can be considered. Some evening work can be expected
How to Submit Application:
Please submit a letter of application and a resume (In one file), to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Touchstone Theatre strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from women, persons of colour, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of other marginalized or under-represented groups.
Touchstone Theatre thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Expires: Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018
About the company:
Touchstone Theatre is an acclaimed, mid-sized theatre company based in Vancouver BC, with a mandate to develop, produce, and present Canadian work.