The Arts Club Theatre is currently accepting applications for a Summer Intern - Theatre Production. The Theatre Production Intern is supervised by the Director of Production and the Artist Liaison and will receive guidance from the Technical Directors. The intern will work closely with all production staff. The Arts Club Theatre Company will set expectations and goals, provide training for the participant to obtain and increase their employment skills for entry-level positions in the arts.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Works program. The successful applicant must:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada;
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- be a full time student with the intention of returning to full time studies in the fall
- be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment for a period of 8 weeks;
- not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week); and
- not attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Production archival work including inventory and organizing of costumes, props and scripts
- Transfer archival video tapes
- Assist with show specific audition
- Assist in sorting and filing the theatre’s architectural drawings.
- Assist with preparation and documentation for our tours
- Assist with special events including our annual musical theatre intensive showcase and other educational activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in and understanding of Theatre production necessary
- Excellent writing and good organizational skills
- Ability to take direction as well as work independently
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office suite, working knowledge of Microsoft Access an asset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- A valid driver’s license is an asset
Compensation: $12.65 per hour.
Hours of work: Flexible 30- hour work week, with a half hour unpaid lunch break. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Work period: 8 weeks, starting in June 2018.
How to Submit Application:
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes along with a cover letter to:
Summer Production Intern position
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Expires: May 11, 2018
About the Company:
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 54th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.