Organization: Gateway Theatre
Position: Box Office Attendant
Status: Part-time / Casual
Hours of Work: Weekday afternoons, evenings and weekends
Applications accepted until position filled
Gateway Theatre’s mission is to enrich the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is lead today by Artistic Director Jovanni Sy. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth and community venue rentals.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Patron Services Manager the BOX OFFICE ATTENDANT is an outgoing, detail-oriented individual responsible for day-to-day box office duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Selling tickets & subscriptions, processing course registrations and soliciting donations at the box office, by email and by phone
- Outbound sales calling
- Answering patron inquiries at the box office by email and over the phone
- Preparing box office reports as required for the Patron Services Manager
- Reconciling cash and credit sales at the beginning and end of shifts
- Discretion and professional behaviour handling confidential information
- Upholding Gateway policies and procedures and represent Gateway in a professional and welcoming manner at all times.
NOTE: Applicants must be available to work afternoons, evenings and/or weekends, dependent on operational needs.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English, (additionally, Cantonese and/or Mandarin language skills an asset)
- Outstanding customer service / sales experience
- Superior written and oral communication skills, and a positive attitude
- Superior detail orientation and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- The ability to listen to concerns and resolve problems creatively
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Prior experience handling cash and balancing a till
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, email Tim Oberholzer, Patron Services Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No faxes or phone calls please.
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and requests that any required accommodations be noted in your application.