The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 54th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Development department is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented and energetic individual to take on the full-time role of Development Coordinator.
Taking direction from the Director of Development and reporting to the Manager of Individual Giving, this position will also work closely with the Ticket Sales Management team to provide an outstanding level of customer service to our Donors.
- Process all contributions, ticket donations, sponsorship payments, silent auction purchases, as well as pledges
- Update and personalize tax receipts and acknowledgement letters
- Invoicing corporate pledge payments
- Follow up with all donor issues flagged by box office with customer service issues
- Membership management and review for all contributions
- Assistance with front line donor inquiries through the development VIP service
- Make weekly thank you calls to all donors
- Monthly renewals of Friends level gifts with personalized attention to their history (donation history, show and event attendance) - Upgrading donors where appropriate
- Pull monthly reports of lapsed donors or those who need to be renewed
- Event coordination including personal calls inviting select donors to stewardship events, like tours, season launch party, donor appreciation party
- Overseeing e-blast and RSVPs to donor events
- Support for donor events like the donor appreciation party, tours, etc.
- Support for the box office top up campaign (double checking reports and results to ensure all contributions are included)
- Some involvement in donation analysis (so that there is greater understanding of how the gift entry affects analysis and strategy)
- Assist the other development team members when applicable
- University or college equivalent in general arts or business
- Experience in office management is an asset
- Exceptional customer service and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including experience working with the Tessitura ticketing system is an asset
- Credit card and debit processing experience
- Demonstrated superior organizational skills especially in respect to time management
- Commitment to the value of teamwork and an ability to contribute constructively to the enhanced systems the company has been integrating and adapting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This is a permanent full-time position, 40 hours per week, Monday–Friday, 9 AM– 5:30 PM.Compensation: $40,000 per annum with extended health and dental benefits after 3 months
Some evenings/weekends required. Please submit cover letter and resume by Friday, April 6, 2018.
Arts Club Theatre Company, Human Resources
Contact Name: Ms. Teddy Forsyth | Contact Email: email@example.com
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted