The Arts Club leads in developing and producing live theatre in British Columbia. We inspire and nurture artists and audiences through diverse culture experiences that are engaging, thought-provoking and artistically innovative. Now in its 54th season, this non-profit charitable organization produces and presents year-round at three venues—the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage, and Goldcorp Stage—as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is now accepting applications to join the Front of House guest service team to work part-time. This is a great part-time job for someone with exceptional customer service skills. This position is part of the Unifor union.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Greeting and assisting guests with seating
· Scanning and tearing tickets
· Attending to coat check and handling cash
· Handling guest complaints and concerns in a courteous and professional manner
· Stuffing and distributing programs
· Providing excellent Guest Service and contributing to a friendly and positive environment for our guests and other employees
- The ideal candidate is experienced in public relations and is comfortable with large groups.
- The preferred applicant will have excellent communication skills and the ability to handle various tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- This person has a good sense of humour and pleasant attitude in stressful situations.
- An appreciation and understanding of live theatre is a plus.
- Some physical duties may be required including the ability to climb stairs and carry boxes weighing up to 20 lbs.
HOURS: Work hours available on the weekdays and weekends; must be available to work on Wednesday afternoon and Saturday matinees from 12:45pm as well we are looking for applicants who like to work evenings on the weekend. Management requests that applicants be available for a minimum of 3 shifts (4 hours per shift) a week. Due to the show schedule an average work week will fluctuate.
SALARY: $13.05 per hour.
Arts Club Theatre Company, Human Resources
(when sending an e-mail application, please send only one attachment in Word or PDF format put in the subject line that you are applying for a Front of House Attendant position)Deadline for applications: March 15,2018.