Status: This is a casual position and shifts vary from month to month.
The busiest time of the year is September to June, with shifts slowing significantly over the summer and in January.
Most work hours will take place in the late afternoon and evenings, including weekends.
Pay rate: $16/hour as FOH Manager, $14.50/hour as Concession Server
Start date: As soon as possible
Gateway Theatre is seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented individual to fill the position of FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER and CONCESSION SERVER, working with the Audience Services team to provide patron service and volunteer supervision.
Depending on your shift, you will fulfill one of the roles at any given time.
- Efficiently coordinate the front of house during events, liaising with box office attendants and backstage crew to ensure the prompt and smooth operation of show start times and intermissions.
- Supervise volunteers and concession staff.
- Trouble-shoot any challenges that may arise during an event or performance and document them.
- Serve snacks and beverages to theatre patrons in a fun, fast-paced environment under the direction of the Front of House Manager.
- Ensure proper accounting and controls of concession products, reconciling cash and credit sales at the beginning and end of shifts.
- Uphold Gateway policies and procedures, including health & safety procedures and food & beverage policies.
- Represent Gateway in a professional, inclusive and welcoming manner at all times.
- Prior FOH management or other service experience in the arts and cultural sector.
- Experience leading volunteers.
- Outstanding customer experience and communication skills.
- Friendly, flexible and enthusiastic about sharing live performance.
- Comfortable working alone and are able to lift heavy supplies on occasion.
- Over 19 years of age with a valid “Serving It Right” certificate plus first aid training (OFA Level One).
- Fluent in English (Cantonese or Mandarin language skills are an asset but not required).
To apply, email Lucy Pratt-Johnson, Audience Services Supervisor, email@example.com with a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in your application.
The position is open until filled.