The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 54th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Producer. This person shall be responsible for all aspects of negotiating contracts with artists (including actors, directors, designers, stage managers), literary agents, and creating co-production and touring contracts. We are looking for a dynamic and highly organized individual who welcomes a challenge and has superior communication skills.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with PACT and the CAEA including creating the CAEA checklist, category calculation, writing concession requests and communicating with PACT about the CTA.
- Acquires literary rights and negotiates with literary agents.
- Works in association with Production heads on collective bargaining with IATSE.
- Negotiates with the Vancouver Musicians Association when needed.
- Creates co-production and touring budgets.
- Aids with grants writing.
- Assists the Artistic Director with general season planning and makes scripts available for the company to read
- Prepares and negotiates artist contracts in conjunction with the Artist Liaison.
- Creates and manages budgets for casting processes for actors’ salaries and guest artists.
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director and Director of Production manages budgets for designers, directors, and stage managers.
- Leads initiatives as directed by the Artistic Director to improve and expand the artistic process
- This is a new position and as such other duties and responsibilities may be required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working in a professional theatre company or another performing arts organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage budgets.
- The successful candidate will have experience negotiating.
- Experience working with unions/associations.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following agreements is an asset: CAEA, ADC, VMA and IATSE.
- Experience acquiring rights and negotiating with literary agents.
- Experience with collective bargaining is an asset.
The candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
Start date: On or around April 2, 2018.
Salary: $55,000 to $57,000 per annum, benefits after three months.
TO APPLY: Human Resources, Arts Club Theatre Company
MAIL: #203 – 162 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Y 0H6
Deadline for applications: Monday, February 19, 2018
www.artsclub.comWe thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.