Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare Festival. Its annual budget is almost $7 million and it employs a year-round team of professional artists and administrators. The Festival offers Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September, in two modern theatre tents in a magnificent setting on the waterfront in Vanier Park. The Festival also offers year-round educational programming at the BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village, and throughout the Lower Mainland.
Bard on the Beach is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic individual to become part of the Box Office team. Working under the direction of the Box Office Manager and the Box Office Supervisor, the Box Office Coordinator will provide operational assistance and team leadership in the Bard on the Beach Box Office.
- The processing of ticket orders placed by phone and in-person, as well as providing a source of information on all things pertaining to our Festival.
- Coordination of staff during Will Call, ensuring the efficiency of ticket distribution and problem-solving any issues.
- Providing concierge-level customer service, and to assist with issues escalated from staff.
- Box office management duties as required in the absence of the Manager or Supervisor.
- Assist with bookings for educational groups, patron group bookings, and rental clients, and ensure the timely and organized processing of payments.
- Other key duties include the general administrative duties of a busy working office, the promoting of special events and customer database management.
- Previous staff supervision experience
- An exemplary record of customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized and accurate
- Dependable, with a strong work ethic and passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Shakespeare
- Previous box office experience is an asset, but not required
Part-time hours (30 hrs/week) from March to June. Full-time hours (37.5 hrs/week) from June to late-September. Evenings and weekends will be required for shifts.
$15.00 per hour
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, January 26, 2018 by 4pm
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.