Position: Education Co-ordinator
Status: Permanent Part-time (15hrs/week)
Hours of Work: Flexible, to be agreed
Compensation: $16 per hour
Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is under the artistic leadership of Jovanni Sy. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
Under the supervision of the Education Manager, the successful candidate will support Gateway Theatre’s education programs with administrative coordination.
- Coordination of internal programming (e.g. Secondary School Outreach, Conservatory, Academy)
- Coordination assistance of education events
- Processing of registrations
- Relationship development (e.g. with students, parents, instructors, staff)
- Website updates
- Newsletter and social media copywriting
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in theatre and education
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- An enthusiasm for customer service
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- InDesign or Publisher skills are an asset
- Knowledge of local theatre community is an asset
- Must have or be willing to obtain an RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check (to work with children)
The successful candidate must be reliable, detail-oriented, and comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently, both individually or as part of a team.
Please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Robin White, Administrative Assistant: email@example.com by 5pm, January 18, 2018.
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.