In our 35th season, the Firehall Arts Centre houses a 136-175 seat flexible studio theatre which produces and presents a full season of theatre and contemporary dance, and also rents the performance space to local theatre and dance companies. The Firehall Arts Centre is seeking an enthusiastic Office Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Artistic Producer and General Manager, this position is the perfect opportunity for the individual selected for the position to gain a broad knowledge of the operations of a producing and presenting performing and visual arts centre. This is a full time position working Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm salaried at $28,000 to $30,000 depending on experience plus medical. Responsibilities will include:
· Handling incoming calls, directing phone calls, greeting visitors and guests and managing general inquiries
· Assist in sorting mail and responding to correspondence as requested
· Oversees monitoring office supplies and ordering office and building supplies
· Facilitate deliveries and general building enquiries (ie. BC Hydro, etc)
· Communicate pick up with Recycling Alternative
· Organize office update binders and systems used in the office
· Coordinates studio and facility rentals in conjunction with venue staff and GM
· Creates invoices for rentals
· Prepares deposits and undertakes banking ensuring bar and box office have change as required.
· Inputs daily deposits into Sage Accounting program with supervision and guidance from Firehall Bookkeeper
· Attends and takes notes at weekly staff meetings and distributes afterwards.
· When box office staff is not scheduled, processes telephone and in person ticket reservations with Theatre Manager
· Assists Box Office as a Firehall liaison with season pass holders, group bookings and Firehall members.
· When box office staff is not scheduled, undertakes the end of day reports for Theatre Manager
· Managing invitation lists, RSVP’s and media reserves
General Administrative Duties
· Assist Artistic Producer and general manager as requested in general administrative duties including production support, marketing and outreach.
· Computer literate including Microsoft Office/ Excel and Photoshop
Experience with Theatre Manager is an asset
Knowledge of Simply Accounting is an asset
Must have great communication skills, be friendly and confident, have a love of the performing arts and have a great sense of humor
To apply for the position, please send resume and cover letter to The Firehall Arts Centre, 280 East Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1L3, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is December 15, 2017
No phone calls please. We thank all who express interest in this position, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The Firehall Arts Centre is committed to employment equity.