RCMT Stage Management Volunteer Training Opportunity
RCMT is looking for Assistant Stage Managers for its 2018 production of Cabaret
Director Valerie Easton and Musical Director James Bryson
This is an opportunity that will provide the volunteer with the following:
- Experience working on a large scale musical theatre production with a full orchestra
- Training and mentorship with a professional Stage Manager
- Experience working with a professional director and creative team
RCMT is seeking Volunteer Assistant Stage Managers. Rehearsals will begin part-time mid-January until April (Wednesday and Thursday evening and Sunday daytime)
Show runs April 12-29 at Massey Theatre.
Experience with live performing arts an asset. Contact email@example.com for more information or to send your resume.
Qualified applicants should be willing to work in a challenging team atmosphere, with varying levels of supervision. A good work ethic and interpersonal skills are vital to a successful volunteer experience.
- Basic Theatre terminology
- Leadership Skills
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Good organizational skills
- January 14 – April 30 2018
- Rehearsals are on Wednesday and Thursday evenings and daytime on Sundays. There is some flexibility during the rehearsal period. Full commitment is required during the production period and technical rehearsals.
The Assistant Stage Manager will be working under the supervision of the Technical Director and Stage Manager. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating and maintaining props and costumes track sheets
- Assist in creating and maintaining scene set up track sheets
- Set props and furniture during rehearsals
- Will be backstage during technical rehearsals and performances overseeing props, set, and costumes duties
Please email a resume to:
Royal City Musical Theatre