The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 54th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Part-time Regular Goldcorp Stage Technician. The Goldcorp Stage Technician will work under the supervision of the Granville Island and Goldcorp Technical Director and will be responsible to the Technical Director or Stage Manager in the specific requirements of each production.
This is a Part-Time Regular position under the I.A.T.S.E. 118 collective agreement; employment will be as required, depending on the specific demands of respective productions. This position will start on or about January 1, 2018.
Specific skills will include, but are not be limited to:
- Proficient in programming and operation of computer lighting boards (ETC ION, Grand MA) and all components of the lighting system
- Experienced in programming and running sound control for both live mix and pre-recorded sound (Q-Lab, Isadora)
- Experience with both conventional, LED fixtures and sACN networks
- Experience with Dante and Crestron network infrastructure
- Able to read, understand and implement Designer plots for Lights, Sounds and Video and associated paperwork
- Able to supervise load in & load out crews
- Basic Stage Carpentry Skills
- Able to work at heights
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Operate lighting and/or sound control (live and pre-recorded)
- Be part of running crew for Goldcorp Stage Arts Club productions and assist on theatre rentals and special events when required
- Supervise install of lighting/sound/video and assist with carpentry when required
- Assist with all aspects of pre-production as it relates to lighting/sound/video
- Assist with build of practicals and special effects
- Document and track show-related configuration in cooperation with the designers
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of facilities, tools and equipment
- Assist with ongoing maintenance, organization and purchasing of consumables
- Assist with occupational safety and health of workers
Preference will be given for the following:
- F.E. certificate, OFA Level 1 certificate, Pyrotechnic certificate, Firearms License
- At least three years’ experience as an venue technician for a professional theatre company
- Valid LPEC certificate
- Able to work at heights & climb ladders , repeatedly lift, push or maneuver heavy loads, either alone or with assistance from others
The Goldcorp Stage Technician will be self-motivated, possess good organizational and time management skills, plus have excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations. The ideal candidate will have a calm and flexible outlook and be diplomatic in dealing with crews, cast, stage managers and all other staff.
Salary: $26.59 as per the collective agreement
TO APPLY: Human Resources, Arts Club Theatre Company
MAIL: #203 – 162 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Y 0H6
FAX: (604) 688-3273
Deadline for applications: December 10th 2017.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.