The Arts Club Theatre Company is one of Canada’s most successful professional theatre companies and the largest in Western Canada. This non-profit, charitable organization presents plays year-round in three theatres: the Granville Island Stage on Granville Island, Goldcorp Stage at the BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village and the restored Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage on Granville at West 12th. The Arts Club also has an extensive provincial touring programme.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of a Part-time/ Regular Theatre Rental Technician. This position will work under the I.A.T.S.E collective agreement and will report to the Rentals Manager and will be responsible to the Technical Director or Stage Manager in the specific requirements of each production/rental. This is a part time union position. Position to commence immediately after the hiring process is completed.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
· Lighting, sound, video and stage carpentry setup and operation
· Lighting and sound maintenance
· Supervision on strikes, hangs and focus sessions
· Assist in the maintenance of Arts Club Theatre buildings
· Liaise with rental clients as requested to assess technical requirements
· Assist in the preset and tear down of Arts Club productions
· Running crew of rentals and occasionally Arts Club productions
Specific skills will include, but not be limited to:
· Proficiency in programming and operation of computer and manual lighting boards
· Operation of sound equipment for both recorded and live purposes
· Experience with sound recording and video projection
· Proficiency in programming and operating QLab
· Heavy lifting will be required
Preference will be given for the following;
· LE (Limited Entertainment) Certificate
· Experience with Windows and Apple computer operating system and computer networking
· Proficiency with an ION lighting board
· Class 5 driver’s license
· At least two years’ experience working in professional technical theatre
· LPEC certificate
The Rental Technician will be self-motivated, possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team atmosphere. The ideal candidate will be a good communicator and able to think on their feet and meet the needs of “one-off” rentals under tight time constraints.
Hours of Work: The hours of work will vary. Applicants need to have a flexible schedule and need to be available for the occasional last minute call. Hours will be scheduled as needed with no minimum hours assured.
Salary: $23.95 an hour, as per the collective agreement.
Deadline for applications: Dec. 11th, 2017
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes with a cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Arts Club Theatre Company
BMO Theatre Centre, #203-162 West 1st Ave.
Vancouver, BC, V5Y 0H6
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.