The Arts Club Theatre Company is Western Canada’s largest professional theatre company. Now in its 53rd season, this non-profit charitable organization produces and presents year-round at three venues—the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage, and Goldcorp Stage—as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of 2nd Electrician for our venues: the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage and Goldcorp Stage. The 2nd Electrician will work under the supervision of the venue Technical Director and will be assisting the Head Electricians and Venue Techs. The 2nd Electrician may be asked to step in and lead the crew through the hang, focus, level sessions and show runs as well as acting in the same capacity for the Sound department on smaller shows.
This is a Part-Time Regular position under the I.A.T.S.E. 118 collective agreement; employment will be as required, depending on the specific demands of respective productions.
Specific skills will include, but are not be limited to:
- Proficient in programming and operation of computer lighting boards (ETC ION, Grand MA) and all components of the lighting system
- Experienced in programming and running sound control for both live mix and pre-recorded sound (Q-Lab)
- Experience with both conventional and LED fixtures
- Able to read, understand and implement Lighting Designer plots and associated paperwork
- Able to supervise load in & load out crews
- Able to work at heights
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with all aspects of pre-production as it relates to electrics/sound/video
- Assist with build of practicals and special effects
- Supervise lighting/sound/video installations when required
- Operate lighting and/or sound control (live and pre-recorded)
- Document and track show-related configuration in cooperation with the designers
- Be part of running crew and assist on theatre rentals when required
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of facilities, tools and equipment
- Assist with ongoing maintenance, organization and purchasing of consumables
- Assist with occupational safety and health of workers
Preference will be given for the following:
- F.E. certificate, OFA Level 1 certificate, Pyrotechnic certificate
- Operation and maintenance of motorized stage equipment control systems
- At least three years’ experience as an electrician for a professional theatre company < Reword this
- Experience in a fly house, able to work at heights & climb ladders
- Able to repeatedly lift, push or maneuver heavy loads, either alone or with assistance from others
The 2nd Electrician will be self-motivated, possess good organizational and time management skills, plus have excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations. The ideal candidate will have a calm and flexible outlook and be diplomatic in dealing with crews, cast, stage managers and all other staff.
Salary: as per the collective agreement
TO APPLY: Human Resources, Arts Club Theatre Company
MAIL: #203 – 162 West 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Y 0H6
FAX: (604) 688-3273
Deadline for applications: November 26th 2017.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.