The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 54th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout BC.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is committed to engaging future audiences. The Education and Outreach Associate will be charged with the supporting and maintaining our current initiatives including youth programs as well as in-theatre programs including the lecture series. In addition, in conjunction with the Director of Education, this role will also look for outreach opportunities to deepen and expand the impact and inspiration of our work throughout our city’s diverse communities and source opportunities to grow our education/community engagement activities. The Education and Outreach Associate will work cooperatively with all departments and reports to the Director of Education.
The Education and Outreach Associate will play a vital role in maintaining and supporting new and existing programs and assisting with activities that extend the theatre experience beyond our stage and strengthen our relationship with our patrons, our stakeholders and within the local community. Some weekend, evening and occasional holiday hours will be required. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify and develop contacts with schools, community agencies, and the cultural community and build partnerships that support outreach and learning activities
- Provide support for all education programs for youth, patrons, and the community according to strategic priorities
- Coordinate ongoing outreach programs such as lectures, post-show talkbacks, backstage tours, outreach opportunities outside of our physical spaces, workshops, discussions etc.
- Collaborate with other departments to support communications, marketing and fund development for education and outreach programs
- Build relationships and opportunities with youth in our community
- Focus on building opportunities with the Indigenous community
- Initiate relationships with schools and teachers to promote production-related workshops and talkbacks
- Track and report data of programs
- Liaise with company artists, staff and guests to participate in programed activities
- Coordinate venue arrangements for events and activities
- Manage ticket distribution program for at-risk-youth
- Liaise with teaching staff to coordinate programs
- Work the Teacher Advisory Committee to develop activities for ACTC study guides
- Work with Group Accounts Associate to build and strengthen relationships with Vancouver schools
- Other duties as required
- Experience creating and facilitating educational, or community-based programs for youth and adults
- Proven success at coordinating projects and events
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Education, Theatre, Performing Arts)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and social media proficiency
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- The ability to work independently while also coordinating with various departments
- Experience with BC’s public and private schools and curriculum is an asset
Experience with BC’s public and private schools and curriculum is an asset
Compensation will be Commensurate with Experience: $40,000 to $45,000 per annum (including benefits). This is a one year maternity leave position.
Email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by November 20, 2017.
The interview process will start as applications are received.
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted