Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare Festival. Its annual budget is almost $7 million and it employs a year-round team of professional artists and administrators. The Festival offers Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September, in two modern theatre tents in a magnificent setting on the waterfront in Vanier Park. The Festival also offers year-round educational programming at the BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village, and throughout the Lower Mainland.
The Marketing Coordinator works on projects and tasks to create public awareness and engagement with the Festival and support its attendance and ticket revenue goals. Under the supervision of the Marketing Director, responsibilities include coordinating the production of select marketing materials, supporting and monitoring the Festival’s social media channels, coordinating the distribution of print marketing materials, negotiating and activating B2B marketing partnerships with an emphasis on the tourism sector; maintaining the Festival’s multimedia resources, and providing administrative support to the Department.
1. Digital communications:
a. Coordinates and creates content and messaging for the Festival’s blog and social media channels,including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube; monitors traffic to engage with followers and identify issues and find engagement opportunities
b. Creates, edits and formats digital assets, including photos, videos and other online content
2. Production and distribution of materials
a. Coordinates the creation, collection and organization of content for select print marketing materials
b. Organizes the distribution of Festival promotional materials, with special focus on tourism, hospitality & community channels; coordinates the support of volunteers and contractors
3. Partnerships & sponsorships activation
a. Develops and coordinates seasonal business-to-business marketing partnerships, as assigned
b. Assists in activating marketing fulfillments for the Festival’s sponsorship agreements
c. Provides year-round support for general Festival projects and partnerships (Vancouver International Wine Festival, Bard fundraising events, etc.) as assigned
4. Attendance and audience development support
a. Activates tactics to increase ticket sales and attendance through customized promotions and offers to target group/s, working with Marketing & Box Office staff
b. Coordinates the distribution of complimentary tickets to achieve strategic attendance and audience development goals, including the Community Access ticket donation program; identifies and activates partnerships with external groups to support these programs and goals
c. Primary coordinator and collector of patron surveys; prepares reports and gathers statistical data
5. Administrative & resources coordination
a. Keeps Marketing Department paper and e-files in good order; develops and maintains departmental planning documents & timelines
b. Coordinates the photo, video and image (logo) collections of the Festival, assisting all departments
• 2 years or more of marketing and social media coordination; preferably with performing arts organizations
• Demonstrated track record in coordinating projects and working with teams in fast-paced environments
• Confident, clear and persuasive communicator in speech and in writing; copy-proofing experience an asset
• Self-motivated and entrepreneurial; delivers on assignments with strong time management skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to maintain records and create and monitor project timelines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and image management software (minimum: Photoshop)
• Demonstrated interest in the performing arts (ideally theatre); some familiarity with Shakespeare’s works
• Valid BC driver’s license desired
Full-time, year-round, regularly scheduled Monday-Friday. Some evening and weekend assignments.
Salary based on experience and qualifications. Eligible for comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please upload your resume and a cover letter as one PDF, summarizing your qualifications, experience and general salary expectations online at https://bardonthebeach.org/current-opportunities/apply-now/
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Noon, Monday November 20, 2017
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.