The Arts Club Theatre Company, founded in 1964, is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Led by Artistic Managing Director Bill Millerd and Executive Director Peter Cathie White, it offers professional theatre at three venues—the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage, and Goldcorp Stage—as well as on tour throughout the province.
The Arts Club Theatre Company seeks a Manager of Individual Giving. Reporting to the Director of Development the incumbent will work closely with the Board of Directors and is responsible for fundraising gifts up to $4,999. Essential tasks include working closely with the Director of Development to create long range strategic and annual plans, and to coordinate all fundraising activities related to individual giving.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Plan, execute, and monitor the annual Artistic Director’s Circle and oversee the Friends campaigns including, campaign planning, prospect identification, campaign planning, reporting, recognition/stewardship
* Personally manage relationships and solicitations of donors
* Supervise and provide support to members of the Individual Giving team
* Contribute to the maintenance of donor data and track all interactions with donors in Tessitura
* Help develop solicitation materials, including gift request letters, acknowledgement letters, and stewardship materials, and work with a designer to create collateral such as brochures and rack cards
* Attend and assist in the planning and execution of donor cultivation events and appreciation receptions for donors; monitor the Events Associate in the planning and execution of these events
* Assist in the coordination of direct mail program; in conjunction with the Individual Giving team, work to coordinate these appeals to maximize leadership and major gifts opportunities
* Write thank you letters and acknowledgement for direct mail
* Establish positive working relationships with other departments within the company, particular the box office, to maximize development opportunities
* Perform other related duties in support of the Director of Development, including departmental administration tasks
* Serve as an advocate within the company for the interests and engagement of all individual donors.
• Minimum of 5 years of nonprofit experience with increasing levels of responsibility and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in personal solicitation of donors
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding fundraising goals
• Experience supervising a team
• Experience with donor database management and gift processing systems, preferably Tessitura
• Experience overseeing donor fulfillment, including recognition and cultivation events
Skills and Abilities:
• The ideal candidate is a results-driven University graduate with superior organizational skills (focused, thorough, detail oriented) and solid project management experience
• Strong organizational and communication skills, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to organize time, work independently, and take initiative
• Ability to ask for money and working with volunteers at the board and committee levels
• A passion for theatre and a desire to work for a growing and dynamic arts organization
$55,000 per annum.
This is a permanent full-time position, 40 hours per week, Monday–Friday, 9 AM– 5:30 PM.
Some evenings/weekends required.
Please submit cover letter and resume by November 3, 2017.
Arts Club Theatre Company, Human Resources
Contact Name: Ms. Teddy Forsyth | Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.