Upintheair Theatre fosters possible futures: supporting the next generation of theatre makers, and exploring new ideas through a unique focus on speculative fiction and formal innovation. Upintheair is the producer of the annual rEvolver Theatre Festival, which takes place each May in and around The Cultch. Now entering its sixth year, rEvolver presents innovative new works by emerging and early mid-career theatre artists in a supported, collaborative environment. Upintheair also produces stand-alone work, most recently the Jessie Award winning The North Plan and Inside the Seed, and our co-production with The Only Animal, The City and The City, a mainstage production at the PuSh Festival in 2017.
For more information on Upintheair Theatre and our programming, go to www.upintheairtheatre.com.
The Associate Producer works with the Artistic Producers to realise all areas of the companies’ activities including event production, marketing and social media implementation, fundraising and sponsor development, audience outreach, administration, front of house & volunteer coordination, artist relations, grant writing, and organizational development.
This position will average 20hrs/week, however it demands a high degree of flexibility over the course of the year to respond to the production cycle of the company, including some evenings and weekends. Work will be based out of Upintheair’s new office space in the Greenhouse next door to The Cultch, with flexibility to work from home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the Artistic Producers in realising the annual rEvolver Theatre Festival and our stand-alone productions
- rEvolver Festival:
- Co-ordinates Presenting Partner and Sponsor relations
- Produces rEvolver Festival Launch Party
- Produces professional development workshops for rEvolver Festival participants
- Co-ordinate box office and comp booking in partnership with Cultch box office staff
- Collaborates and shares duties as Producer in Charge at rEvolver festival
- Co-ordinate and assist in all artist events and functions
- Creation and production of one-off and stand-alone events such as artist salons, fundraisers, and our Annual General meeting
- Development of and implementation of marketing, social media, fundraising, and sales campaigns including ticket sales, print and electronic media, web site, and e-communications
- Collaborates on grant writing and final reports
- Maintenance and development of UITA contact list
- Implementation of fundraising initiatives such as annual campaigns and fundraising events in collaboration with the board of directors
- The Associate Producer will have the opportunity to travel to festivals/conferences to establish themselves as part of a national network of theatre professionals
- Attend all necessary Upintheair meetings and events
- Other duties as they arise during the course of the production cycle
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPENTENCIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Detail-oriented with superior written and oral communication skills including excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, while handling multiple tasks and interruptions with poise and patience
- Ability and willingness to learn and incorporate new skills
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of the team
- Proficiency in graphic design, video editing, and/or web design, Quickbooks, MailChimp, and major social media sites an asset
- Experience in fundraising an asset
- College or University level courses an asset
- The ability to handle matters of a sensitive and confidential nature
START DATE October 2nd, 2017 (flexible depending on availability)
REMUNERATION $16,000 - 18,000 annually, dependent on experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday September 20th, 2017
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place in late September.