Status: Permanent full‐time
Hours of Work: Office hours
Start Date: Approx. Mid‐November 2017
Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is under the artistic leadership of Jovanni Sy. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
Reporting to the Executive Director the Finance & Office Manager is responsible for the financial operations of Gateway Theatre and many of the administrative functions, including:
Day‐to‐day financial oversight including:
- Payroll and benefits (statutory deductions, union contributions and employee benefits package)
- Banking and Deposits
- Financial Controls
- Financial Planning and Investments
- Supervision of the Finance Assistant
- Financial report preparation and presentation for internal and external stakeholders
- Financial analysis
- Sourcing, facilitating and processing all insurance policies
- Contract management including drafting agreements for all administrative staff and contractors
- Identify potential liabilities, particularly in human resources
- Policy development in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Overseeing the activities of the Building Services team to ensure that day to day cleanliness and maintenance is ongoing.
- Liaising with the City of Richmond re: IT, building security and parking matters
- Active member of the Management Team
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge of not‐for‐profit and/or charitable organization accounting
- Graduate of a recognized professional accounting program with a CPA accounting designation or near completion of the program
- 3‐5 years’ experience maintaining a full set of books including payroll
- Experience working with an external auditor
- Excellent computer skills, particularly SAGE 50 and Excel (incl. pivot tables) in a Microsoft environment
- Other Skills & Attributes
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to supervise, develop and evaluate staff and delegate work
- A collaborative, innovative and flexible approach to leadership
- Experience working in a not‐for‐profit theatre/arts organization a significant asset
Any offers of employment will be subject to a satisfactory criminal record check and documentation demonstrating that the candidate is legally permitted to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residency or current open work permit).
$46,000 to $52,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Camilla Tibbs firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 5pm October 6th, 2017.
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.