EMPLOYMENT POSTING POSITION
Group Sales Coordinator
Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare Festival. Its annual budget is almost $7 million and it employs a year-round team of professional artists and administrators. The Festival offers Shakespeare plays, related dramas and special events from June to September, in two modern theatre tents in a magnificent setting on the waterfront in Vanier Park. The Festival also offers year-round educational programming at the BMO Theatre Centre in Olympic Village, and throughout the Lower Mainland.
The Group Sales Coordinator will be responsible for the marketing and promotion of affinity and group ticket sales. Primary responsibilities include researching and creating prospect lists, identifying sales opportunities, making outbound sales/marketing calls to promote and close sales, process ticket purchase transactions, preparing related marketing materials, following up with logistical assistance where required, keeping records, and tracking sales results.
• Researching, creating and using prospect lists for outbound cold calls and emails to promote and close group ticket sales transactions
• Identifying and following up on opportunities to promote multi-ticket sales to affinity or interest groups
• Handling inbound phone calls and emails related to group sales inquiries
• Taking group-sale orders and processing transactions in Bard’s ticketing system
• Writing promotional emails and creating related marketing materials for various group sales offers
• Sourcing and liaising with potential partners with a shared interest in group and multi-ticket purchases
• Communicating group booking information with Box Office and Front of House Staff, including special needs and arrangements
• Collecting and recording customer data, providing reports as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• 2-3 years sales and customer service experience, preferably in the performing arts or tourism sector
• Experience in the marketing and sales of group ticket packages or equivalent is preferred
• Strong selling, negotiating, and closing skills, with the ability to articulate value and benefits to customers
• Organized and detail oriented, works well independently, with strong time management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Photoshop or InDesign
• Experience with ticketing–data management software is an asset (not required)
• Excellent communications skills - both verbal and written
• Passion for the performing arts (especially theatre); knowledge of Bard’s Festival model and operations
Part-time. Weekdays, minimum 4.0 hours per day (4-5 days/week) to a maximum of 20.0 hours/week.
Daily schedule negotiable.
Length of contract: March 26 – August 31, 2018 (23 weeks) with the possibility of a 2-week extension
Please upload your resume and a cover letter together in one PDF, summarizing your qualifications and experience, to bardonthebeach.org/current-opportunities/apply-now/.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 19, 2018
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.