THÉÂTRE LA SEIZIÈME, BC'S PRIMARY FRENCH-LANGUAGE PROFESSIONAL THEATRE COMPANY, IS SEEKING A COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER.
REMUNERATION: $20 to $23 an hour, depending on experience (30 hours per week). The person responsible for communications will be asked to work some hours on weekends and evenings.
HIRING DATE: August 21st, 2017
CONTRACT LENGTH: until August 31st, 2018, renewable
- Create a communications plan for the season and a strategic campaign for each production
- Create the necessary communication tools, with the input of the suppliers
- Be responsible for public relations
- Be responsible for maintaining the company’s social media platforms, with the goal of developing and maintaining a virtual audience
- To augment and maintain the mailing list and the data base
- To write documents, articles and diverse messages
- Plan cultural mediation activities and promotion
- Develop relationships allowing the promotion of the company and/or audience development
- Measure the impact of the marketing strategies and prepare the proper reports
- Be available for welcoming audience members
The candidate will work under the supervision of the Artistic and General Director.
- Excellent French language abilities
- University degree in communications or in a related field
- A minimum of two years in a communications position
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrable public relations skills and community management experience
- An ability to work with graphic software is an asset
- Knowledge of the artistic field is an asset
- An ability to work as part of a team and also in an individual manner
- Organized, enterprising, strategic, and creative
- Able to work with: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, MailChimp
This information is also available on our website: seizieme.ca
Please submit your resume, accompanied by a cover letter detailing your interest in this position, by email, at: email@example.com No follow-up phone calls, please. We will contact the candidates to be interviewed.
Deadline for applications is July 11th, 2017, at 4 p.m. (Pacific Time).